O-M-G Happy Friday! Happy Friday the 13th.
I’m not a superstitious person at all. But for those of you that are, I hope that no black cats walk in your path today 😉 I have always wondered what makes the number 13 unlucky as opposed to 14 or 39? Anyone?
For National Blueberry Muffin Day on Wednesday I made up these beauties and as promised here is the recipe for you. I warn you now there is nothing remotely healthy about these. This is a recipe that could use a healthy tweak! And since some of my readers are culinary wonders I’m going to leave that tweaking part all up to you!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together remaining sugar, cup flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Last night I went to the musical:
It was great. If you’ve seen the movie then you know the basic plot lines. I have to give it up to Dolly Parton though she is extremely talented having written most of the songs the musical.
I know very little about the “stars” I find myself wikipedia-ing ( is that even a word?) them a lot and learning so much more. It usually leads me on crazy tangents. For example I really like Megan Hilty of Wicked fame. Now she is more known for being on Smash but even still, I learned through my random Wikipedia searches she was the original Doralee in the 9-5 Broadway cast. I learn something new everyday!
Breakfast today was a what’s left over in my kitchen treat. Remember that peppered pork my husband whipped up earlier this week?
Eggs, pork and salsa…surprisingly this was really good.
Maybe I’ll have some better breakfast ideas after cruising through this timely mail piece? Cooking Light magazine day is the highlight of my month.
Workouts today are simple. Spin class and hopefully fingers crossed I can get a run in this evening. There is a barn sale that is calling my name today…more on that tomorrow!
Have a great day!