My garden is a growing like a weed so for dinner this evening…. It was ON garden style. If you’ve got 15 minutes this is the dinner for you.
Check out these beauties from my garden…it’s almost like I know what I am doing! Thank you mother nature since we all know I’m just a lucky fool based on the beautiful summer we have been having! It has nothing to do with my
horrible medicore gardening skills.
This recipe was a basic throw it in the pot and hope it sticks but here is a general outline.
Basil Tomato Chicken
- 4 Cups cooked Orzo or pasta of your choice
- 6-8 medium tomatoes sliced into wedges
- 2-3 fully cooked chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 cup of basil chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a sauce pan add oil to medium to high heat
- Add in garlic and onion till onions are soft
- Add in tomatoes and Chicken simmer for 5-8 minutes till the tomatoes soften
- Add half of the basil to the mixture remove from the heat
- Serve over Orzo.
- Optional add Parmesan Cheese and additional basil to top before serving.
I also may have eaten one of these as a very special dessert! I’ve never made Blondies before so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect…these not only look pretty but they are pretty tasty too!
I think I’m doing a little bit of stress eating. I’m working on some challenging projects right now for my new business. It’s a wonderful problem and I’m very excited for how they will all turn out!
AND…My oldest little guy is heading off to kindergarten next week!! I’ve said all along I’m happy about it. BUT I think I’m getting a little bit sad that he’ll be going off to school now that the time has arrived.
Today’s workout was a quick 15 minute workout from the daily workout app and a 1 minute plank. It wasn’t much but every little bit counts right 😉 My alarm is set for bright and early tomorrow to get in the latest bootcamp workout! On that note I’m off to dream land.