I’m not usually one to partake in the things all the other bloggers are doing. But on this glorious Thursday I find myself thinking and talking in my head through a lot of things so it’s a perfect day to participate in Thinking Out Loud Thursdays from Amanda at Running with Spoons.
So on to the random thoughts in my brain:
- My Hamstrings – I have murdered them this week and am in desperate need of a good foam rolling. I’ve been to a P90X class everyday this week which is RARE especially for me these days. Of course I decided to run on Monday as well which might really be why my hamstrings are currently lashing out at me? Maybe 😉 Ah my blue beauty.
- I’m also patiently counting down the hours till my sports massage coming up on Friday!! It’s been a while and there is nothing like a massage to clear the body and mind. Yeah for some me time. Sadly for the masseuse I’m teaching two classes now right before our session. Is that in bad form? Can you go kinda sweaty to a massage? Thoughts?
- If cupcakes were a food group I would be getting in my fill of them this week!
- Carla wrote about a post about what it really means to tell someone you are proud of them.
AND it’s the first time I think ever that I have just flat out disagreed with EVERYTHING she is saying. I guess my feelings differ from Carla’s because I don’t think that telling someone you are proud of them is ever condescending. In fact I think it’s one of the greatest things you can tell someone. But with words like these, maybe the true problem is people let them slip out more often than they mean to, making the words mean LESS to the person receiving them.
I am proud of people all the time who I have barely met. I’m a firm believer that accomplishments require dedication and sacrifice. Contrary to fairytales most successful people don’t wake up one day and have all their dreams come true. THAT my friends is a load of crap. When I tell people I am proud of them I am acknowledging the fact that what they accomplished is something that they should take great pride in. I am reinforcing to them I understand the growth, commitment and dedication they have put into said event. Not that they need my validation but that I recognize and feel their delightfulness in the accomplishment.
I am proud of my son when at 6 years old he is donating all of his birthday toys to the Children’s Hospital where we have spent a great deal of time. I understand the sacrifice that is for him at 6 and the growth as a person it took to make that decision. I am overjoyed at he can look outside of HIMSELF enough to think of others who are going through what he has experienced. And I want him to take pride in that fact as well. It’s the same way I am proud of a person who has lost 80 pounds the old fashion way of diet and exercise. I’m sure there were days when they wanted to give up because it was easier. But as a person they grew and passed up the easy simple escapes to make life changing events happen. I am proud of them because their accomplishment leads the way for others to follow in their footsteps and grow on that same path.
Granted when people tell me they are proud of our president or congressman, I break out the side eye in judgement. Because I’ve never been delighted or overjoyed with any political figure, but I understand what they are saying. I am usually a little more prideful in sporting events when a person grew up close to where I live, because I feel like I have more of an attachment to them and their achievements. Weird right? I dunno. I’ve always been this way.
So those are my thoughts on that situation, but it’s a great conversation and I encourage you to read Carla’s piece it really had my brain thinking.
- I’ve discovered again that any and ALL random photos of myself include me with my mouth WIDE open. Sometimes when I’m being overly self-critical I think about keeping my mouth shut and looking professional especially with random cameras strolling about. But most of them time they catch me. My husband even pointed out the other day when I asked how my lipstick looked… he said quick open your mouth that’s usually how I see it! Awesome! Thanks love of my life 😉 I guess it might be true though?
- And in fun news I’m on the hunt for a new wallet and I can’t decide between these two, which would you choose? They are both under my $10 budget haha, and I’m sure are the finest in knock off leather. Light pink or hot pink?
Questions of the Day: Answer any of the random questions I’ve asked throughout this post! Have a great day!