This idea was TOTALLY ripped off from a post from Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean who is 100% on this list. It is crazy how often I’m asked what blogs I read and although many of them are other health and fitness bloggers some of them are completely not. Here is a list of 24 blogs that make my reader each and every week. And I try to read each week (key word *TRY*)
1. I read Seth Godin’s blog because everyday I’m challenged, forced to critically think or entertained by his seemly short yet deep words.
If you need a kick in the pants or basically what ever you are looking for can be found here. I love his insightful posts about business. His often odd look at seemly normal situations and marketing all mixed into one blog.
2. CopyBlogger: Everyday…learn about the industry, tips for writing copy, the latest from Google and more.
I started reading this blog as part of my ongoing search to understand the changes in marketing. And I’ve stuck with it because it’s a valuable tool for almost every day-to-day event I have going on, on the interwebs. I will admit there are times I disagree with some of the advice but none the less I’m still being forced to critically think.
Some of my favorite bloggers are ones that make me laugh. These blogs I read mainly to have a chuckle:
3. First up Jenna at Night Cheese. Seriously sometimes I have to make sure I’m not drinking while reading her blog because there is good chance I will need a change of clothes.
4. Colleen at the Lunchbox Diaries.
She doesn’t hold back and sometimes it’s just nice to hear a healthy dose of real.
A mixture of my two favorite things celebrity gossip and fitness. It’s an interesting blend but I do love everything from this site. Seriously checkout the Summertime Salad spoof to see what I see.
Then there are the ladies I want to work out with:
6. Joy from Joy Fitness and Style.
She blends great workouts with outdoor adventures with a great resource for the latest and greatest in fashion active wear. Plus my children think she look like me!
7. The fabulous Tina Reale from Best Body Fitness.
I love Tina’s blog and encourage all of you to check out her Best Bodybootcamp it’s a great affordable workout program to keep you on your best fitness game!
Then there are the people who make my mouth water:
8. Lindsay from the Lean Green Bean is always creating some amazing and healthy options on her blog. I also adore her Sunday meal prep photos and inspirations!
And as an added bonus her Monday morning wrap ups the Bean Bytes make for a great read of everything you might have missed from the week prior.
9. Oh Averie Cooks I could look at your food pictures ALL day long.
Seriously if you have a sweet tooth you want to take care of it, check out this blog!
10. Kristen from Iowa Girl Eats Yummmm!
She was one of the first blogs I started following and her food is delicious. Plus she’s super adorable and now has adorable pictures of her little man on the blog as well.
11. Strange but Good is a theme for Sprint2theTable and I love seeing what Laura comes up with!
Seriously the creations she makes I say ewww no way then try it and it’s amazing!
People who inspire me:
12. Mizfit Online AKA. Carla Birnberg.
I adore this blog and her refreshing attitude toward health and fitness. Her posts about fitting in, standing out and parenting make her a must read for me. She’s great at articulating her feelings into inspiring words for others.
13. Cori from OlivetoRun is a new blog read for me.
I discovered her this summer and have become a loyal reader. From the insights of her children to her Marshall’s buys I’m all in. Who would have thought she’s never eaten an Olive? With her inspirational views on life and running this blog keeps me coming back for more.
14. Lindsey from Cotter Crunch.Where food and inspiration living meet!
I adore this sweet woman! I follow her journey being sherpa wife to her Tri-athlete husband and all the in-between. Her hair selfies also make me feel less awkward about my own wild mop
The Ones I want to Run with:
15. Michele from NYCrunningmama.
I’ve met Michele a few times at different NYC events and she is of course just as amazing as you think she would be from her blog. Not only is she a super person/friend/mom but she can RUN….FAST! Her blog is full of tips and hints for training. Sometimes just reading her blog makes me think…I CAN do this!
16. Well hello Pavement Runner.
If you aren’t already following him on twitter you seriously should be! Funny, upbeat and always offering discount codes to the latest runs, I think a quick run with him would be an ab workout in hilarious as well as a great run. Run Strong. Finish Stronger got it and don’t forget to RUN ALL DAY!
17. Midwest meets NYC with KaraRuns.
Kara is one of the people I am happy to say I have become friends with through blogging she’s a blend. AND she just got engaged! Keeping up with her Tri-atholon adventures this summer was fun as well as reading all about her finishing her Ironman! Woot-Woot go Kara, her running will kick my butt but I still think it would be fun!
Speaking of blends, here are some bloggers I want to meet, I feel like I already know them but in person would make it Official 😉
18. Jennifer at Wine to Weightlifting
We talk almost daily but I feel meeting in person would be perfect! And she’s getting into running now so maybe we could even run. I have so many plans for our imaginary meet up. Check out her blog and her very inspirational lady weightlifter spotlights!
19. Alysia from Slim Sanity this is another newer to me blog.
I recently started following her and her content. I learn a lot, get motivated and her archived wine of the week make for fun at the liqiur store! Plus she’s a fan of Dave Ramsey which makes her tops in my book!
20. Nicole from Apples to Arteries. She has a yellow (white) lab I have a yellow (white) lab these puppies need a playdate!
I’m also a fairly new reader to Nicole’s blog. With recipes, playlists, workouts and heart healthy recipes she’s always informative and engaging.
And here are some moms/families I read and laugh along with:
21. Christine from Love,Life Surf.
She has two boys that are almost the same age as my two and her stories about mothering them crack me up because I too dodge legos and airplanes each and every morning. I also get a kick out of all the places Christine practices yoga.
22. Molly Ritterbeck over at MollyRitterbeck.com
She’s braving Alaska like no one I’ve ever seen with her three little ladies in tote. We’re kindered because she once lived in my town!
23. YoungHouseLove seriously I love John, Sherry and Clara!
I wish I was as handy as this couple is, I look at my house and am like I need a contractor. Meanwhile they are redoing their second home (since I’ve been reading 3rd overall).
There you have it my 24 blogs I love… there are many more that I read each day I could make a list 1000 long but be sure to check out these 24!
Question of the day: I’m always on the hunt for new blogs which are some of your favorites?