And just like that it’s almost February! I was shocked to see that this month I have already run 45 miles?! I like these months when working out doesn’t seem like a chore. My body seems to be enjoying the challenge and helping me achieve the goals I’ve set. Aside from just the miles clocked I’ve also been kicking butt bringing you some various classes in the #cuseFIT series. So I’m chalking this month up as a SUCCESS! (oh and don’t worry there are many more #cuseFIT2013 posts coming!)
To celebrate a butt kicking January and another 5 pound weight loss (yeahhh!) I created these amazing sweet potato fries! I love ordering them out but have never had the guts to create my own. I have to say though after creating them once, they might become an evening staple in my house.
I picked up two LARGE sweet potatoes at my grocer this week since they were on sale. I mean I can’t pass up a culinary trial when the ingredient is on SALE!
Surprisingly these were really easy to make and were a big hit with all my boys!
Sweet Potato Fries
- Two Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Clean and peal your potatoes. I took off all the skin but depending on your preference you can leave it on.
- Slice potatoes into thick 1″ slices. More like steak fry size than french fries.
- Lay potatoes out in shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn over the fries to be sure both sides are covered. NOTE: DO NOT USE TOO MUCH OILVE OIL. A light coating at MOST.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven flip fries and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- I broiled mine for 5 minutes after the baking to ”crisp” up the edges. This is step optional.
Tasty, quick and nutritious…it’s a WIN! I’m thinking about taking the leftovers and creating a hummus out of it! Two potatoes makes A LOT of fries!
I’m really excited to be heading out tonight to my FIRST local Blogger Meetup! There are so many different types of blogs in my area, some I never even knew exsisted. I’ll report with full details tomorrow!
Question of the Day: What is your favorite quick, easy and healthy recipe?