Sunday Funday! I’m in serious need of a catch up on the bloggy blog!
I promised a recipe and here it is! Also if you are looking for more recipes check out my new recipes page. It still needs some work but it’s there for you to take a peak at!
End of Summer Veggie Delight
- 6-8 tomatoes (I used red ripe on vine from my garden) cut in half
- 4 Cheese and Garlic Sausage patties (I used Gianelli)
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2- 1 yellow & 1 green zucchini sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh basil leaves
- black pepper
- 1 Ziplock baggie gallon size
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow pan place the tomatoes in the bottom, drizzle with olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic bake for 40 minutes.
- Begin cooking your sausage in a flat pan on low-medium heat. (low heat to make sure everything finishes at the same time, if you wish to cook more quickly on a higher heat plan according to the tomatoes.)
- Gather together in the baggie the onion and zucchini add in 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper to taste. Zip Bag and mix the ingredients in completely. It’s important to get coverage on all the zucchini slices.
- Remove zucchini & onions from baggie and place on a baking sheet as flat as you can. With 20 minutes left on your tomato timing. Add the zucchini pan to the oven.
- To serve lay down the sausage flat top with cooked zucchini & onion then layer on tomatoes and fresh basil.
I found this on pinterest and think it’s perfect motivation for this week! I hope you agree Sometimes you just need a little kick in the butt especially as the weather starts to change.
Today I also got caught up on some gardening that was calling my name! My favorite garden food is green beans…they are crisp you can taste summer when you eat them right after picking. Mine as you can see from the picture below have been pretty neglected lately! I clean, cut and froze many, many bags today. I’m hoping they will taste like summer when eaten this winter 😉
Workout of the day was a 30 minute HIIT class and some weights. A lil’ photo opp before we got started! I’ve feeling kind of blah lately about my workouts. It could be the weather and the back to school change-up but I needed a great sweat session today and I got it.
Also I have to announce that my Drink Chia Giveaway we will need to have a re-do. The Google Doc didn’t work for entries…
I tried and I failed I’ll admit it! So bear with me and just leave me a message here letting me know if you would like to win! I’ll pluck a winner tomorrow!
How do you get out of a workout/ mood funk?