Now that I’m back to more activity and workouts, I need more protein. I can get away with a lighter eating routine normally but the second I add in additional high intensity workout and more lifting I need the extra protein to keep my energy levels up.
These balls are super easy to make and require NO baking. I added them to my meal prep this week because on top of my workouts I also have an all day training this weekend which I’ll need ALL my strength for…more on that later.
Back to the Balls 😉 I make mine with Nuttzo it adds some extra chunk!
I’m a big fan of the original flavor. But I bet these would be delish with the chocolate kind as well.
No Bake Workout Balls:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I used NUTTZO)
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together oats, chia seeds and protein powder.
- Add to the mix the peanut butter and mix until fully combined, slowly add water to get to the desired consistency.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture into one inch clumps and roll into balls.
Packed with protein and omega 3 these balls are my favorite for storing in my gym bag to enjoy before or after tough workout. They travel which is always ideal for an easy snack.
I just like them because they take all of 5 minutes to make and last me all week long.
I’m also linking with Annmarie.
Question of the Day: What’s your favorite way to add more protein to your diet?