Spinning is a great way to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. I love the pace and feeling after a great spin class! Now that I’m teaching classes I find it weird that as I listen to the radio I’m also secretly checking to see if a song would be a good mix into one of my classes.
It sounds crazy but to me what really makes or breaks a class is the music. Keep my feet moving with a great playlist and I’m yours forever. I realize my taste in music is not for everyone.
But if your hitting the stationary bike this week on your own and want to try out this music playlist it is the one I’m pumping to my cycling classes this week!
- Safe and Sound Capitol Cities // I like this song it’s a fun warm up song. Warm up the legs (3-6)//
- Brave Sara Bareiles //Quicktime the beat a little heavy in the saddle start at 5. Work up to a 7 at around 2:30-2:50. Come up and out for a little mini climb (:30) then seated through the end.//
- Burn It Down Linkin Park //Climb the entire song add tension coming out of the saddle on the chorus, back to seated keep tension. It’s a long climb.//
- Wake Me Up Avicii // nice cool down after the hills :45. Start to have them pick up the pace sprint at 1:25. Slow legs at 2:00 get ready for sprints through out the song.//
- Sweet Nothing Calvin Harris //Love this song for a 3 minute straight pace zone song, make it quick but it’s one continuous pace for the song.//
- Corduroy Pearl Jam // All my playlists contain one so here it is 😉 Quick pace that turns into :45 increases up to 3:15 when its a dig up a hill. Followed by a sprint to the end.//
- I Need Your Love Calvin Harris // Sprint song keeping a fairly high tension.//
- I Wanna Go Britney Spears // Some quick jumps.//
- Come on Eileen Dexy’s Midnight Runners //This song is one LONG TOUGH HILL alternating between seated and in saddle. 3:20 crest the hill start taking off the tension and speeding up. (5-9)//
- Red Taylor Swift //a little break after the hill moving into 2 sprints and ignoring that this song is longer than most of her relationships.//
- You’ve got Time Regina Spektor //It’s a flat fast road with quick sprints to finish out the class//
- One U2 // Cool Down. //
Hopefully this little playlist mix is one you can use to get your sweat on this week!
Question of the day: what is your current favorite workout song?