Alright so if you’ve been following me this week anywhere in social media it’s become obvious my level of desperation in trying to find the holy grail of holiday special edition LaraBars. Namely the Pumpkin Pie flavor. I’ve searched, begged even ordered off Amazon in the hopes of getting a bite of these sweet treats. Sadly I’m still coming up short. What’s a girl to do?
I’m not sure what less neurotic people do in these situations…. but this girl decided to just try to make some herself! How are could it be they are made from a very few whole ingredients and I’m a master a pumpkin pie making.
This recipe was a LOT of trial and error combined with VERY little measuring. But the final product tastes delicious! And I think when all was said and done these might be a cheaper alternative to store-bought bars! My dates and almonds were on sale!
Home Made Pumpkin Pie Larabars:
- 1 cup (pitted) Medjool Dates
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds
- 3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Begin by chopping your almonds into small bits. I used a food processor, careful not to cream the nuts just chop them. Remove them and set aside.
- In the Food processor mix, dates, raisins, pumpkin puree, nutmeg and cinnamon. Combine until it creates a sticky blob. It took my food processor a while to break down the dates.
- Remove the mixture from the processor, place in a large mixing bowl and fold in the chopped Almonds and Chia Seeds.
- Place final mixture in a flat pan and let set over night.
- Cut bars to the size of your liking and Enjoy!
Question of the day: What is your favorite “holiday” themed flavor? I’m a sucker for cinnamon anything!