My garden is over flowing with 2 things tomatoes and zucchini. This recipe was an easy way to get in veggies and use up some garden goodies. While I’m not a vegetarian this recipe is great for those of you who are!
Speaking of my garden the strangest thing is happening…it was growing along wonderfully and now it’s not. I watered it everyday since it’s been so dry around here and now that we are getting rainfall I’ve stopped. But I’m noticing that some of my zucchini are rotting on the ground even though they are small and should still be growing? Has anyone had this experience? I’m trying to figure out what to do to stop it. Any tips are greatly appreciated since I’m a newbie at this.
Anyway back to the good news I currently have plenty of zucchini and tomatoes! So Zucchini boats were in order for dinner tonight!
EASY ZUCCHINI BOATS:
- One whole green zucchini (yellow if you prefer)
-2 cloves of garlic peeled
-2 small tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
-1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I used sharp you can use what you prefer.)
- 1-2 Cups of baby spinach
- 4-5 basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut zucchini in half and remove the seeds making 2 “boats”
- Mince the garlic and sprinkle inside the boats.
- Slice the tomatoes and set aside
- Divide the spinach and add half to each boat
- layer on top of the spinach, cheese then slices tomatoes and finally a few leaves of basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place on a baking sheet and Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm (optional sprinkle with a touch of parmesan cheese)
This recipe is great as a side dish or as the full entre.