Happy Friday! Did you know today is National Kiss Day? So get out there and get Smoochin’
I’m getting some great feedback from my post yesterday, I may need to do a few more of my quick & easy learning lessons for toddlers!
I skipped my morning workout this morning and that extra sleep felt great! I’ll probably get in a few miles walking on my lunch and then do something after work. Getting fit in 2012 is off to a good start so far I’m down about 5 pounds since kicking things up in early March it’s not a ton but it’s progress! Celebrate the small victories. 😉
Breakfast a black cherry Chobani was pretty low-key as last night I may have made my new favorite meal!
I signed up for Meal Train a while ago to bring a family in town a dinner this evening as the father is battling cancer. I’ve been searching for the perfect recipe to make for them as they are pretty specific about their dietary needs. I came across this lovely recipe from Real Simple for Crushed Roasted Tomatoes and I couldn’t wait to try it and of course modify it. I can never leave well alone.
And oh look I’m eating from my favorite bowl again! It’s so bright it just makes me smile to eat from it!
Roasted Tomatoes & Shrimp
*Modified from Real Simple Recipe
- 5 Large Tomatoes cut into eights
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound Shrimp cooked and deveined
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- 1 cup asparagus
- 4-5 artichoke hearts
- Pasta of your choice cooked
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and spoon the olive oil and garlic over them.
- Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss. Roast on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- While roasting tomatoes cook pasta in a sauce pan, drain and set aside.
- Third the asparagus spears in a sauce pan bring to boil, let cook 2-3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, artichokes, asparagus, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta.
- Return the dish to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm over pasta.
This dish is amazing! I hope the family enjoys it tonight as much as we did last night…super yummy and healthy!
We are looking forward to a busy weekend, lot’s of exciting things going on!
What are you planning to do this weekend?