Yesterday was an incredible day. I don’t know why or how but I woke up ready to kick some major butt in the workout department.
Ever just wake up some day and KNOW you are going to kill it?
This meme sums up the day…since I’m pretty sure by 2pm this was how I looked, minus the defined abs. I’m still working on finding those 😉
It was a normal day I woke up and had some breakfast. Nothing crazy some Wegmans Chex, bananas and chia seeds. It hit the spot and apparently was laced with energy.
Then I carted my youngest to school and hit the gym! I checked into foursquare and was met with this little wonder:
Maybe I’m just a compliment whore (that’s a thing right?) but this little message from the folks at foursquare gave me even MORE energy or maybe confidence I’m not sure I can tell the difference. I hit the gym and banged out a few miles.
Then I was feeling fresh and decided to hit up the weight section for some rowing and arm weights. Then still feeling pumped I grabbed some free weights and repped out 50 weighted squats….Seriously? This never happens. Normally by this point I’m ready for a cold bath and an Advil.
Feeling still FULL of energy, I called my sister-in-law or P90X Lady as I will now call her. (She just completed the certification) She brought over her dvd collection and we banged out a 45 minute cardio program. I felt amazing!
I was having that moment in Legally Blonde: “exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people don’t kill their husbands!”
By 2pm I was ready to eat one of my children (not really but I was THAT hungry)! I suddenly understood those people who eat raw bacon from the fridge at 3AM on Ambian.
Luckily this week I actually did my meal planning and we were having this delicious wonder for dinner. A lighten up Chicken Pot Pie, Recipe tomorrow! Don’t laugh at the crust it wasn’t the prettiest job!
My takeaways from my day as Superwoman?
- I’m 100% positive I’m not pushing myself as hard as I could be in the gym. And I’m going to need to step up my game. Granted not everyday is your best day but we ALL can probably give more than we are to our workouts.
- P90X will make your body hurt in places you didn’t know could feel pain. Like in between your toes and your ear lobes!
- Dave Ramsey has always said when you start to organize one area of your life others will also come into place….The man is RIGHT!
- Without even knowing about my crazy gym day…my husband told me I was looking thinner yesterday! (Compliment whore thing again sure… but SMILES!)
- The day after being Superwoman you should expect to feel as though you were run over by several speeding busses 😉 It’s the good burn though.
I wanted to share with you guys ESPECIALLY my local readers a new series I’ve got coming up for January and February. Often in January people join new gyms and get excited for their resolutions. One thing I know I’ve always found intimidating has been trying out a new class.
You know that awkward feeling you get when you don’t want to look like the new kid. I’m on a one lady mission to seek out for you the best in classes offered in Central New York. I will go to the class which I have never been to before and give you all the information beginners really want.
What to expect, what to bring, how to dress, pricing and the degree of difficulty!
I will be kicking off this series next week, follow along in the craziness with #cusefit2013. Some classes I have lined up include Hot Yoga, Body Pump, Barre Class, SPIN, HIIT classes and Cross Fit. Let’s get FIT together in 2013!
Question of the day: What group fitness class most intimidates you?