Summertime calls for frozen treats! My personal go to this summer has been a sweet collection of frozen fruits that create a Banana-Cream non-dairy Ice Cream. Paleo and whole30 friendly too!
To begin with start with fresh ingredients! You will need two bananas sliced and strawberries.
Banana- Cream Non-Dairy Ice Cream:
- 2 Bananas pealed, sliced
- 5-6 Strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Slice bananas into 1/2″ pieces and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Add frozen banana and water to your food processor. Let process until bananas create a cream like frozen mixture. (several minutes depending on the size of your food processor)
- Add sliced strawberries to bananas and continue to process.
- Once full mixed, remove from the processor and serve chilled.
Notes: You can add an artificial sweetener, honey or sugar if you like for a little sweetness.
Enjoy it by the spoonful! You can also re-freeze this to make it a more solid cream. OR my favorite way to enjoy it is to let it melt a little bit and drink it!
This recipe is a hit with my family as well. With only two ingredients and NO sugar added its a fun way to stay healthy in the summer.
Who says it isn’t fun to eat ice cream alone?
My friend Jennifer over at Wine to Weightlifting also had a delicious avocado ice cream you can check out as well, so many delicious options!
Question of the day: What’s your favorite frozen treat?