It’s been a pretty busy little Saturday around these parts. My son’s soccer game was called due to rain so rather than spending hours of my morning freezing outside I got stuff done!
First up was breakfast and I’m digging my old stand by oatmeal. There is something about fall that makes me crave oatmeal, maybe it’s because I add pumpkin to it? I’m not sure. After a quick breakfast it was time for some coupon shopping. I don’t talk about it much on here since this is more of my health and fitness outlet but I am one crazy coupon lady. I play a game with my husband after a good deal day where he has to guess how much it cost me! Haha we are nothing but party people around these parts!
I did a quick 30 minute weight workout after while I watched the Rachel Zoe Project that was on this morning! Side note I loved this show does anyone know if it’s coming back this year? Watching Ms. Zoe and all her jewels also reminded me that I have a craft project that needs to be completed.
I live in a house of boys and men, the only pink things belong to me. Sadly that means very little girlie time, so crafting fills that void for me. I have been seeing on Pinterest for months these super cute DIY earring holders and was confident I could be just as creative as those DIY bloggers!
And Whola, project complete!
Want to build your own?
What you will need:
- Cheap Picture frame, I used an 8 1/2 X 11 you can choose a size of your choice
- A metal vent cover usually around $11 at Lowe’s or Home Depot. This one came pre-painted but you can also paint your own!
- Tin Snips to cut the cover.
- Book Rings, I got mine for $2.99 at Target.
- Measure the opening in your picture frame. Then measure your Vent to the same size.
- Measure again, the rule is ALWAYS measure twice cut once!
- With your tin snips cut out your vent.
- Remove the glass and back of your picture frame, insert the cut vent into the opening! Be CAREFUL you will have some Sharp edges.
- Add a few book rings at the bottom to hang necklaces and scarves from.
- You’re done now hang it up, organize and enjoy!
It has been a crazy successful Saturday! I’m off to continue the trend…have a a great Saturday folks!