Let me first say: I eat a lot of Chia Seeds. I find the more I’m running the more I crave them and the better I feel after eating them. The problem for me was when I first started eating them…my reaction was one of What on Earth do I make with these? I’ve found for me they are a great mix ingredient. Anytime I think I can slide them it without the boys noticing is a great time to use them! I also really like them in my morning coffee but I know it’s an acquired taste.
Also shout out to my favorite Chia company Running Food. Buy Local!
20 Ways to Eat Chia Seeds:
- Mix with eggs to make an omelette
- Blend them up in smoothies
- Salad topping, sprinkle on top of your favorite salad or add to your dressing
- Stir into Soup to thinken it
- Make a thin batter of ground Chia seeds and milk and cook in a slow oven to make crackers
- Grind them and mix them into your morning coffee
- Chia Pancakes: grind seeds and mix with flour milk and eggs
- Mix into your favorite yogurt
- Add to baked goods for an extra kick
- Mix seeds into your favorite stir fry
- Eat them raw as a snack
- Add seeds to the meat for Meatloaf
- Add seeds to crunchy peanut butter for a little extra crunch
- For the kids: Add a spoon full of black seeds to a green Jell-O for homemade “frogs eggs” or add black seeds to Red Jell-O for a Watermelon look
- Add seeds to homemade pasta sauces
- Make Over Night Oats: milk, oats, yogurt and seeds
- Soak seeds in water then mix into your oatmeal
- Mix white Chia seeds that have been soaked in milk through mashed potatoes
- Add seeds to your granola
- Cook brown rice in vegetable stock and stir Chia seeds through when rice is cooked
What is your favorite way to eat Chia Seeds?